Trying to choose between quartz and marble countertops? This can be a difficult choice for homeowners looking to build or renovate their interiors. Each type of countertop has unique advantages as well as drawbacks, and it all depends on the design and look homeowners want from their countertops.
Bella Stone Countertops, Hanford CA’s Countertop Experts
Bella Stone Countertops has been fabricating and installing custom counters in Hanford CA and surrounding communities for years, and we love to help our local customers get the countertops of their dreams. That’s why we want to educate on your countertop options.
Quartz vs Marble Countertops: Which is better?
These are two vastly different countertop materials. Marble is a natural stone that’s been known as a high end construction material for centuries and has a distinctive look. Quartz, when referring to countertops, means a manmade slab that’s mostly crushed rock mixed with resin.
Advantages of Quartz Countertops
- Counters are not porous, meaning liquids can’t soak into the materials to form stains.
- Being non-porous also means that quartz is resistant to bacteria.
- Though not highly heat resistant, quartz countertops are durable and scratch resistant.
Benefits of Marble Counters
- As a natural stone, marble is very hard and durable.
- Marble counters also stay cool, which makes them great for bakers.
- There is no more luxurious material than marble when it comes to interior design.
Conclusion: It depends on your needs.
Marble can be the best choice for bakers, high end counters, and those that have the budget for this high-end material and installation costs. However, engineered quartz countertops can be advantageous for bathrooms because of bacteria resistance, and they’re also a good choice for budget-conscious clients.
Ready for the countertops of your dreams in your California home or business?
Contact Bella Stone Countertops for the best quartz, granite, or marble counters in the Hanford CA area!