As an engineered stone material, quartz countertops are man-made and offer unique advantages and drawbacks for home remodels or new constructions. In central California, the premier countertop company is Bella Stone Countertops, and we offer the widest variety of quartz countertop materials in the area.
What Are Quartz Countertops Made Of?
This is the most important question to ask when deciding on countertops. Quartzite is manufactured from broken quartz stone mixed with synthetic resins. The resin gives the material its durability and color, while quartz provides hardness and a lovely sparkle.
Quartz Counters: What are the Pros and Cons?
Pros of Quartz Countertops
- Design Variety – Because it’s engineered or man-made stone, quartz countertop materials can be made to fit any design aesthetic, with a huge variety of color choices. Quartz countertop slabs can also be made to mimic the look of natural stone.
- Low Maintenance – The resins in the quartz create a non-porous and durable surface that’s easily cleaned, bacteria-resistant, and doesn’t require sealing.
- Installation Cost – This type of counter costs about the same as natural stone to source and install, making it very cost-effective.
Cons of Quartz Countertops
- Size Limits – Since it is a manufactured stone material, the quartz slabs for countertops are already created to a certain size, and so there may be visible seams once the counters are installed.
- Wear & Tear – Quartz is unfortunately not resistant to UV light and heat the same way natural stone like granite can be, so it may not be best for outdoor construction. Countertop quartz is also not as hard as natural stone, so it can be scratched and chip.
- Looks – While design variety is an advantage, many homeowners think most quartz countertops “look cheap.”
Bella Stone Countertops: Your Trusted Quartz Countertop Experts
Considering quartz countertops in Tulare County California? Bella Stone Countertops is your local custom countertop company with the widest selection and quality installation. Contact us today to discuss your countertop options!