Pros & Cons of Granite
When it’s time to pick the material for your kitchen or bathroom countertops, granite, quartz, or manufactured stone can all come to mind. Out of all the natural stone counter materials, granite is one of the most popular because of its value and beauty, but there are pros and cons to granite countertops.
Pros and Cons of Granite Countertops
Pros of Granite Counters
- All Natural – Granite is a natural igneous rock made up of of feldspar, quartz, and other natural minerals. This makes it free of additives and synthetic materials, and it’s recyclable!
- Beautiful – The natural appearance of granite can’t be matched. The quartz gives granite its sparkle, and the other elements create a unique luxurious look.
- Design Variety – Since every granite slab is unique, you can get a wide variety of colors and patterns from dark to light and warm to cool colors.
- Durable – Granite stone is naturally resistant to heat and impact, but after being sealed, granite counters are also resistant to stains.
- Low Maintenance – Granite countertops are also very low maintenance, requiring only an initial sealing and then regular cleaning with soap and water.
Cons of Granite Counters
- Price – Granite countertops can be more expensive than other types of stone or man-made countertop materials.
- Weight – Because it’s so hard and durable, granite is also heavy, and so countertops can require additional supports.
- Needs Sealing – As previously mentioned, new countertops do need to have a sealer applied to preserve their natural beauty.
Bella Stone Countertops: Your Granite Countertop Experts
At Bella Stone Countertops, we care about our local clients like family because we are a local family owned and operated company ourselves! We have experience with manufacturing granite countertops, sourcing all kinds of stone slabs for counters, installing kitchen and bathroom counters, as well as other electrical and plumbing services. Whatever you need for your home remodel, we can help!
Contact Bella Stone Countertops for the best granite counters in the San Joaquin Valley!